Fuji san

One thing I like of Japan is it's natural landscapes. And coming from a superflat region in Italy, where the highest point doesn't overcome (maybe) 10 meters above sea level and the lowest is few meters below, I really like mountains and hiking.  

Before leaving Japan, I decided that I MUST climb Fuji san! It's the highest mountain in Japan and it's also a volcano. And a sacred mountain as well (the name derive from Fuchi, the Ainu's god of fire), but I am more on the hiking side!

Here I am on the shinkansen to Shizuoka.

 It takes just a couple of hours from my house to this bullet train running at 280 km/hour now.


Then a slower train will bring me in 90 minutes at about 35 km from the top. Then I hope to walk for about 15 hours to reach the top in time for the sunset! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The project: a 元気 super-relaxed state in striated muscles

Role of mitochondria on the Calcium diffusion inside a muscle cell