Welcome! ようこそ
Heart Fi-Re: HEART FIne REgulation through mechanosensing in myosin filaments: merging theory and experiments into a multi-scale heart simulator
old post published soon
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Old posts will be published again soon. New posts will be sometime published in the meantime.
Attending conferences is an important part of the scientific research. It represent the the possibility to share information even before they reached definitive publishable results, to be updated about the most recent discoveries directly by the authors, to do networking and have informal discussions with people who do the same research as you, but differently, and last but not least... it push you to travel around the world! (Incidentally, from Osaka the shortest route is via the Hawaii, where I will stop by few days in the way back). As part of my project, I am going to San Diego (CA) to attend the Biophysical Society Annual Meeting, a five-day meeting with about 5,000 attendees, 500 speakers and 600 daily poster presentations, included mine. I will present an analysis about the calcium gradients in resting muscle cells generated by the leakage of the calcium-release channel. The channel (RyR) functionally opens during action potentials to release big a...
How important is the calcium diffusion in the sequential activation of the thick filament? I discussed about this topic in a previous post . With my collaborators at the Department of Biomedical Science s in Padova University, we are exploring this issue through a mathematical model based on experimental data on calcium signalling in the three main compartments of the muscle cells: sarcoplasmic reticulum, cytosol and mitoshondria. In fact, while usually neglected, we think that mithocondria may play an important role in the calcium distribution during activation, at least in skeletal muscle cells. Our work lead to an extensive review done with the priceless enormous contribution of Prof. Carlo Reggiani, just published in the Journal of General Physiology. You can read it here , but our main conclusion is that the mitochondria may have an important role, and that this must be elucidated with further analyses. From the point of view of the super relaxed state, and its activati...
One thing I like of Japan is it's natural landscapes. And coming from a superflat region in Italy, where the highest point doesn't overcome (maybe) 10 meters above sea level and the lowest is few meters below, I really like mountains and hiking. Before leaving Japan, I decided that I MUST climb Fuji san! It's the highest mountain in Japan and it's also a volcano. And a sacred mountain as well (the name derive from Fuchi, the Ainu's god of fire), but I am more on the hiking side! Here I am on the shinkansen to Shizuoka. It takes just a couple of hours from my house to this bullet train running at 280 km/hour now. Then a slower train will bring me in 90 minutes at about 35 km from the top. Then I hope to walk for about 15 hours to reach the top in time for the sunset!
Comments
Post a Comment